Contact me today
Looking for some freelance work? Excellent. Occasionally, I need help.
What I'm Looking For
- Copy editors (specify which style books you know)
- Content editors
- Presentation designers (print and digital)
- Public speaking trainers
- Image consultants
. Be sure to include a link to an online portfolio and resume. Tell me your rate, what you do, and why you think you can help me. No nonsense. No braggadocio. Just give me an honest explanation of your skill set.
What will impress me:
- You understand what a speech is. You know the difference between a press release and a press conference. for example.
- Quick, high quality turnaround. Deadlines are often tight. If you can't work under pressure, move on.
- Confidence. I need a collaborative relationship, not a lackey. I still might ignore everything you say, so have a thick skin.
- Intelligence. My clients are smart people. They are leaders because they are smart. Be just as smart.
- Creativity. This means no corporate speak. It means you have your own mind. It means you are more interesting than your demographic, better than anyone on your high school speech team, and/or had the coolest presentations in eighth grade history class.
- Any writers I hire will be well-read in the classics.
- Be professional. If I need to connect you directly with a client, you'll need excellent phone presentation and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Don't call me. I won't return your call and I'll put you on my "not hire list." I know, I know, that sounds impersonal, but seeing what you've done will help me more than hearing a spiel. You've got the web form. That's enough until I have a project.
I'll call if I need you. And despite all these rules, I'm a nice guy and will pay a proper rate.
See Services to get a better idea of what I do.